Sunday, October 23, 2011

Letters to Isa - Sunday, January 25, 1987

Dear Mrs. Corsie,

Please excuse me for taking so long to write and thank you for the beautiful sweater you sent for Christmas.  Gordon and I went up skiing and my red sweater looked great with my black ski pants.  And Gordon's black sweater was good with his red ski pants!

I must admit Gordon was quite funny on the ski slopes!  He has never skied before.  We had a great snowfall so spur of the moment we decided to take off for 3 days.  We had to put chains on the car at the pass and leave them on for 3 days.  The ski area is 3 1/2 hours from here.  We rented a one bedroom condo with fireplace in walking distance to the ski lifts!  The snow was fabulous powder and the first day I gave Gordon an all day ski lesson.  The next he took a private lesson and by the afternoon of the second day he was skiing just great, easily keeping up with me.  I began to spot a little the 2nd day so Gordon skied alone the 3rd.

I called the doctor when we got home because of the spotting - which was brown, but I had no cramping.  He said it was "implantation bleeding" (they've a name for everything) but he wanted to see me anyway before I was to fly back east.  Gordon and I went in and the doctor said the baby had grown considerably.  He feels  we're further along than the first prediction by as much as a week.  So I'm into my 4th month.  Anyway, we heard the baby's heartbeat - which was quite exciting - a very strong beat indeed!

I caught a cold while back east and had a tough time getting over it as I couldn't take anything for it.  But Gordon was a good doctor staying home from work all day in bed with me and bringing me soup and orange juice.

Other than the cold and an occasional headache - I feel great!  My increasing waistline is depressing but to be expected.  I can tell the baby is moving up into my stomach area now.  I get up less and less in the night to "pee"!!

We are thrilled with the home we bought.  4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths - a large living area and dining  area and kitchen eat-in area; 2 car garage and large backyard deck.  Just behind us is a big swimming pool, 2 tennis courts and a lovely play area for kids.   We are supposed to move by the first of April - which means you'll have a nice guest room to stay with us if you'd like.  Maybe even lay by the pool!

I put my house on the market last Thursday and sold it the same day so we will close about mid-March and rent back until we can move to our new address.  WE ARE SO EXCITED!

Jimmy has very kindly agreed to give Gordon American dollars for his accounts back in Scotland so we will each be able to contribute 50% to this purchase.  It is very sweet of Jimmy to help like that.

My trip back east was brief, but fun.  My family is all fine and terribly excited about the upcoming new grandchild.  This will be my parents 5th grandchild.  Mom bought me $250.00 in maternity clothes!  My little sister gave us a Scottish teddy bear (tartan ears, bow-tie and feet) very cute and we received a handmade blanket and sterling spoon.

My sister's wedding was beautiful.  About 25 adults in a quaint, old restaurant in a remote area of Virginia.  Shirley looked beautiful and everyone cried!  There was a grand brunch afterward and then a big white limo came and whisked them away to a 1st class train excursion to Vermont where they can ski, and sleigh ride and horseback ride.  With the cold front and storms they've had back east I suppose the skiing was great.

Other than finishing up papering and paint at our current home and preparing to live in a nice new home, Gordon and I don't have much planned except work.  Gordon listed a home yesterday for $209,950 and he sold it 2 hours later for the same price!  He was elated and took me out for a steak dinner.  He is very successful.  He has another listing he is taking this afternoon which I think will sell quickly also.

I hope your bronchitis is better and you are feeling well.  I'll sign off for now.  Thank you again for the sweaters.

Looking forward to April too.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment