Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dear Mum, September 1986 AND Letters to Isa - November 1986

Allied Brokers Realtors
3730 Hopyard Road
Pleasanton, Ca

September 3rd,

Mum, as you can see I have moved offices to a place that will give me more money, of course.  Last week was my best yet & I sold 2 houses.

Here are these forms - I hope I filled them in ok.  I want you to send over a Xmas pudding & a tin of Ambrosia custard with Jimmy.   I have enclosed a photo which shows me still at Harris & yes the hair was longer then.

Here is a picture of Sharon and I, also local recent weather.  I have just finished making copes of the 49ers schedule with my new phone number on it.

My new office is not far from where I used to work.

Next week I start Scuba Diving lessons so I might drown.

Look forward to seeing you in April.

Take care

Love

Gordon

_________________________________________________

Tuesday, Nov 11, 1986

Dear Mrs. Corsie,

Your son made the real estate headlines!  Thought you'd like to see it.  Me too!   He's got several escrows going and several leads in the background.  He might make it yet!

Original ad from the Valley Times.



We have done some Christmas shopping and are planning for the holidays.  He found a tin of "Christmas pudding".  He didn't tell me it was plum pudding - I could have made that!

We are having a surprise birthday party for a friend the evening before Thanksgiving - between 25-30 people.  It will be the first party at "our" new place.  On turkey day we will just eat and watch American football games.

For Christmas we are going up to my friend's cabin again and try our luck at snow skiing.  We are looking forward to the holidays but it will be lonely without family.

In January I'm going back to Washington for a few days for my sister's wedding then I'll fly back to San Francisco, pick up Gordon and we're going to Hawaii for a week!  Doesn't that sound great?  Sunning, swimming and scuba diving!

Gordon completed his skin dive this past weekend.  That is without a tank.  He learned surface dives, first aid and rescue and mask clears underwater.  It was sunny and near 70 degrees but we still had to wear full wet suits.  He hates wetsuits and swears he'll never dive in the bay again after next weekend.  Next weekend we will spend 2 nights in Monterey for his Scuba-dive - the first open water dive with tanks.  Hopefully the weather will hold & we'll have good visibility.  He's a good, cautious diver.  We both look forward to warm water diving without wet suits!

So,that's life in California.  Still sunny and unbelievably warm for this time of year.  I'm actually looking forward to a little rain and some snow for the mountains.

Hope you are well and happy. Please tell your mother that Gordon was thrilled that she called - he had been talking about calling her.  Would you write with her telephone number please?

Take care -

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment