Thursday, October 27, 2011

Letters to Isa - November 8, 1987

Dear Isa,

I just finished all the thank you's to your friends and Nana for the beautiful gifts sent over with Marsha.  I'm sorry they are getting out so late.  There's just never enough hours in a day - as you know with a little one.

My last thank you goes to you for the cute plaid dress.  She will wear it at Thanksgiving when we go back east with her little white lace tights!  Gordon thinks the tights are silly - but what does he know!?!  Also the dress you picked out for Nana to send is adorable.  I can't wait for her to wear it.  Just a bit big yet.

She weighs 1 stone now and is very long, over 24 inches.  We take her to the doctor again on the 16th of November for a check up and her next DTP  shot.   I will take the day off because she's fussy when she has the shot.  Poor thing.  It makes me fussy too!

Enclosed are pictures that my brother-in-law took on  Jillie's sixth day of life.  Tim brought my Aunts camera out and shot a whole roll for her and my mother has sent this extra set for you.  I've made notes on the back of some of them. She was so tiny then...and red too!

Also enclosed is a picture at 2 1/2 months - please note the little booties.  We were in the mall one night and decided to stop at the portrait studio. She wasn't property dressed for a photograph but - what the heck!  I have a big photo for you too but you'll have to pick it up when you are here.

We are really looking forward to your visit.  I just  wish you could stay longer - or permanently.  Jillie needs a grandmother here.

Everyone here is fine.  We are now getting some much needed rain.  It's nice, and the nights are cooler.  We ordered some firewood and the three of us snuggle in most nights to watch the fire.  Jillie is fascinated.

We will write more later,  love to you,  Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment