Monday, October 24, 2011

Letter to Isa - July 6, 1987 (exactly one month until Jilllian is born!)

Dear Isa,

Pardon the delay in writing but we just got the things you sent with Jimmy.

I love the "Above Scotland" book.  Gordon and I sat down and went through it carefully.  So much sun!  Gordon said it had to take a long time to publish the book waiting for sunny day pictures!  Thank you.  And thanks for the cute baby outfit.  It's all washed and in the drawer waiting.

Speaking of waiting, I'm getting very impatient.  We went to the doctor this morning and I didn't learn anything new.  I'll be going weekly from now on.  Gordon keeps complaining that he wants my old body back.  Not as much as I do honey!  Sleeping is more a chore than a pleasure.  The baby stretches a lot now so I always have this foot sticking out of my left side.  I think "it" will have ticklish feet like Gordon.  Every time I touch that stretched little foot - it pulls away quickly.  Gordon doesn't like feeling "body parts".  He says it's too weird!

Our businesses are doing well.  He got an offer on his big house listing but it didn't go through unfortunately.  He's getting real disappointed by that listing.  You know how he gets!  My business is about all that keeps me going.  I sold a couple of houses over the last few weeks and have a two condos listed.  It's good to be busy.

You should see the nursery.  It is just full of "stuff".  We have received two baby reclining type chairs or seats; an intercom system which works great; diaper pail full of shirts, bottles, diaper pins, lotions, shampoo, baby dish, pacifier, etc; two mobiles in primary colors to match the room; a bathtub; more clothes; two dozen diapers (cloth) and a baby front pack carrier (Snugly) for Gordon to use while farming.  Can you see him in his kilt with a baby in a carrier on his chest?!  I'll get a picture of that one!

He has been out farming in his kilt and was quite successful.  Everyone was curious and smiling.  He ran into one old man who was Scottish.  He made his whole family come to the door to see Gordon!

Gordon's been using his tennis racket quite a bit since "the boys" have been in town.  They came over a couple of times a week for tennis and dinner. I've enjoyed their company.  Sharkey has grown up quite a bit - or maybe it's just Gordon's maturity that makes Steve more tolerable.  The three of them (Ken Gourly, Steve and Joe Carson) have had fun here.  They've been stopped by the police only once (unbelievable) for driving on the wrong side of the road!  Gordon's been out with them a couple of times and come home a bit "loaded."  It's good for him to be with them again.  They've played golf too.  I bought him some clubs a couple of months ago and he's had fun with them too.

We have taken the group to the Mexican restaurant a few times.  Gordon still orders the same thing!  I think the boys like it.

The little sweaters are so cute.  I just hope the baby can wear them by the time it's cold enough here.  Sweaters really aren't needed till October and at the rate this baby is growing.....who knows.

Well, I'm off to join my husband for lunch.  Take care of yourself and listen for our call.  We miss you.

Love,  Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment