Sunday, October 30, 2011

Letters to Isa - March 17, 1988

Dear Isa,

Thank you for sending the cute nightshirt for my birthday.  I've got it on now and it's comfy to sleep in.

Jackie arranged a party with 10 or so people over the evening of my birthday.  It was supposed to be a surprise but I knew something was up.  Gordon took me out for drinks and Jackie got the house fixed up, Jillie fed, bathed and in a cute party dress and greeted guests.  The girl's a wonder - the best thing that's ever happened to us!  Anyway we all had a good time.

Gordon and I had a great anniversary.  We left about 1:00 pm on the 3rd; drove through San Francisco; picked up some beer and went to the lookout over the Golden Gate Bridge - took the back way up the coast - stopped and had oysters (well I had oysters) and clam chowder; then arrived at the Blackthorn Inn about 4:30 pm.  We were the only couple at the Inn so we had the place entirely to ourselves.  The room, called the Eagle's Nest - was round, glass windows all the way around looking out onto a forest.  There's a bridge to a hot tub and bath.  So we sat in the hot tub most of the time we were there, drank beer and went out for dinner.  The next morning we had a great breakfast - quiche, fruit, breakfast roll, coffee and orange juice and took off about 11:00 a.m  We drove further up the coast out to a point where there is a light house.

We got home about 2:00 pm.  Jackie and Jillie were playing in the kitchen and everything was fine.  Jackie said she had no problems with her - she took her bottle just fine (used up about 30oz. of milk) went to bed okay and was fine in the morning.  In fact, Jackie said after she gave her 4 oz. or so in the morning, she fell back to sleep in bed with Jackie.

So there's no problem leaving her overnight with Jackie.  Now I have to build up a milk supply again!

The other morning, March 8, when I went in to get Jillian, she was standing up in her crib smiling away....so proud of herself.  Now all she wants to do is stand up!  She pulls up everywhere and has even started taking steps around furniture.  Pretty hard to imagine huh?  The Dr. Mom book says she should pull up at 10 months and walk around holding onto furniture at 11 months.  There's just no stopping her.

First time standing in her crib!  So proud!
 We are teaching her to say Ja-Ja for Jackie.  She's said it several times - but not consistent.  Still her favorite word is da-da - but she really babbles a lot.  She can wave hello/goodbye now.  And she knows to look when you say where's kitty, Sylvester (the window cat) Ja-Ja and daddy.  She's so smart and so much easier to cope with.  completely independent but coming to the stage where she's shy around people she doesn't know well.

Mom and Shirley come out next Thursday the 24th.  We're really looking forward to their visit.  Jackie will take a much deserved 4 days off just to lay in the sun and do nothing.  It is working out so well with Jackie - I'm so pleased.  I think  Jackie will stay another 6 months.  I really hope so.  I don't know what I'd do if she left.  I really think I'd take in kids and stay home with Jillie.  I just can't see taking her to another person's home.

I have left CalFed Mortgage and gone back to Vintage Realty.  Finally the fiasco is over with CalFed and I'm pleased to be out of there and back downtown.  I'm working part time assisting the broker there and selling too.  Gordon had 2 sales this week so he's feeling up again after a slow period.  Hopefully this will be a good year - God knows what will happen next year after the election and with our deficit so high.  Interest rates are expected to soar so real estate will be the pits.

We were sorry to hear you had to go on steroids again.  Hope you are feeling better now. The worst of winter should be over now and perhaps health will improve too.  These pictures should help!

Enjoying a little pool-side sunshine in her rolling chair.  Check out those arm rolls!

Lunch in the playpen consists of apple slices, cheese and a little French bread.  Add a glass of red wine and some things never change!


I'll write again soon.  I've got another roll of film in the camera so I'll send more pictures as soon as I use the roll up.

Take care Isa and say hello to Jimmy.

Love from  Gordon, Sharon and Jillie

P.S.  I tried the recipe from the February (or March) Gourmet for Creamed Leeks.  It's really good - Gordon and Jackie liked it a lot.  Try it if you get a chance.

Thanks again for the sleep shirt! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment