Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Little Wine and A Late Afternoon Stroll

We had a sunny afternoon after our "Jennie's View" walk and decided to have a glass of wine on the "veranda" and enjoy a wee bit of sun before we decided what to do for dinner.   Jillie had worked quite a bit on Trichster and was feeling good about her progress and I had made a vegetarian pasta sauce for our dinner on Saturday night so we all decided on a little break before I made a dinner of roast fresh river salmon and some veggies and salad and vegetarian quiche for Jillian purchased from the Deli.
In total relaxation mode....no make-up, no bra, slippers and wine!

A few giggles with Jillian.

Comfortable and happy!
So we decided to go for a little late afternoon walk just to get some fresh air and took the camera along.

Viburnum Katy and Lynda?

The path into Tank Wood.








An old staircase.

Cheeky little cars!
Pale pink cosmos  behind an old stone wall.

Everywhere you look the hills abound.








These pictures were all taken within a 1/2 mile or so of our home.  It's a beautiful and picturesque neighborhood filled with old stone mansions, charming gates and fences and gorgeous plant life.  Makes for an inviting and pleasurable evening stroll.

I'm in that weird funky place with sleep that I go through every year.  I go to bed exhausted but lie awake.  At least I've finished my second biography after Catherine the Great which I loved.  I read "The Churchills" by Mary Lovell and found it fascinating.  So at least I'm accomplishing something laying awake at night! I think I'll choose a little lighter reading for my next book.

1 comment:

  1. Love the photos Sharon! It shows you that really, it's all those little details that make a place so beautiful. Scrollwork, brickwork, gardens, and small houses on big lots, instead of the other way around.

    ReplyDelete